Innovation to Solve Wicked Problems in Your Business
Price$4400 INC GST
Full Day | In-House | Max. 20 Participants
I believe that the purpose of innovation is to benefit society. Applying this people centricity to entrepreneurship drives my purpose to increase peoples’ economic security, reduce environmental impact, and create an inclusive business community - one innovation at a time.
In today’s complex world and competitive markets, well developed innovation competencies are fundamental to the organisation’s ability to adapt and grow. I am the only innovation specialist that operates in both the Design Thinking and the Process Thinking phases of innovation.
I specialise in working with established businesses who believe that there is always a better way. I call them persistent innovators. Together, we build on these foundations and collaboratively develop systematic innovation capabilities based on the ISO56000 series of Innovation Standards.
I understand that the ultimate objective of innovation is value creation, rather than mere creativity or invention. To this end, I take a whole-of-business approach that includes not only specific innovation activities but also innovation leadership, culture, and commercialisation. I assist businesses develop persistent, ingrained innovation capabilities through:
• strong purpose guiding identification and evaluation of innovation opportunities
• future focused innovation leadership and management systems linked to growth strategy
• voice-of-customer and ISO56000 informed systems and processes to exploit insights, realise value, and manage uncertainty and risk
• deeply ingrained culture of innovation of relentlessly solving problems for customers
I achieves this through a unique combination of being a:
• Facilitator: Bringing people together, to share, exchange knowledge; challenging assumptions; creating opportunities for others’ self-revelation of their weaknesses, strengths, and opportunities
• Learning Scaffolder: Skills and knowledge transfer to embed permanent innovation know-how within your business. I use proven adult education methodologies where learning and practical implementation of new knowledge occurs simultaneously, pacing acquisition of new knowledge and experiences to match your readiness.
• Capability Builder: Mentoring you and your team to build their skills and capabilities in implementing best practice innovation processes within the business; encouraging the team to push past their comfort zones; helping them to see the gaps and guiding them to fill those gaps. Pending on your requirements, the assistance can range from guidance and mentoring of innovation champions to taking full operational responsibility for implementation.
• Change Champion: Keeping you and your team focused and realistic in what they can achieve for the greatest results and impact; helping them to visualise the result and encouraging them to reach their goals.