About the facilitator
Henk is a Supply Chain professional who has designed & delivered business optimisation projects across multiple business sectors, including; Resources, Engineering Construction, Aviation, Utilities, Manufacturing, Defence and Financial Services. checking....
Henk started his procurement career in the mid 1980’s with Carrier Air Conditioning when purchasing and inventory management was still managed via manual processes. There was limited planning interphase with manufacturing, resulting in regular stockouts of material. This became the driver to his first digitisation project where he designed the companies first MRP system which supported the company for many years
He then joined UGL Rail (Formerly Goninan) as Supply Manager for the national rail contract after the company secured a contract to build 120 locomotives. This was an increase in production from one locomotive every 4-6 months to a delivery schedule of one every four working days. There was also an ongoing maintenance schedule that ran parallel to the production line requiring a full redesign of the manufacturing processes.
Following this project, he was responsible for setting up the procurement / logistics function of Minara Resources, a green field mine site, also being Andrew Forrest's first venture into mining. Henk introduced inventory records and systems, warehouses, and all staff from the point of transfer from the Engineering Procurement Construction Management (EPCM) to the client.
For the next few years, Henk provided supply chain process improvement support across various projects including Defence (Anzac Frigates), Aviation (Boeing and Airbus components) and business digitisation. He was head hunted to join Wesfarmers limited as their inaugural Group Procurement Manager and managed to deliver significant multimillion-dollar benefits to the Group. Following Wesfarmers Limited he joined Monadelphous and help to redesign their processes and systems during a time that the company revenue grew from $350M to $2.6B. Since Monadelphous he has helped companies transform their Global supply chain functions across the Resources and Aviation sector; including the UK, Middle East, Asia and North – East and West Africa.
• Established and built the group procurement function for some of Australia’s leading Companies
• Introduced category management across various commodity groups
• Delivered substantial cost reduction programs by aggregating spend for the agreed purchasing categories
• Implemented inventory identification and reduction projects, resulting in significant cost improvements
• Managed a multimillion-dollar global inventory impairment
• Researched and implemented various e-procurement technology platforms that delivered efficient, value for money, 24x7 commodity solutions for the end users
• Project managed Accounts Payable (AP) automation project $1.2B p.a.
• Program managed Hardware, Software and Network upgrade projects
• Program managed a national Human Resource Information System (HRIS) for 8,500 employees, and
• Program managed on-line Travel Management System (TMS) processing $60M p.a.
- Re-engineering end – end Processes & Systems to deliver bottom line savings and operational efficiencies
- Contract negotiations and developing long term business relationships
- Strategy development, project execution and delivery
- Stake holder management (internal and external to the Business)
- Change management & team building
- Re-align technology and business processes to deliver sustainable business solutions
- Cost optimisation
- Engineering Construction
- Strategy and Planning